Your ticket for Medtech Rising gives you access to two days of world class speakers and a place at the Irish Medtech Excellence Awards gala.
Medtech Rising 2019 will bring together the world’s leading business leaders and international experts on many pertinent topics including delivering better health outcomes, new technologies and cross-sector collaboration, innovation, integrated care digitisation of medtech, M&As, funding, entrepreneurship and more.
Delegates will enjoy unmissable networking opportunities to connect with as many as 500 medtech professionals.This global conference for Ireland provides unrivalled access to experts and industry trends making it unmissable for senior medtech professionals.
4 December 2019
On day 1 business leaders and experts will explore:
- Transformation, from devices to solutions [plenary]. Find out how manufacturers are looking beyond developing transformative devices to developing innovative health solutions and services that empower patients and provide better care pathways.
- Data and privacy, key technology trends [parallel session 1a]. Find out how key technology trends, data and privacy in medtech are making an impact on the business.
- Ethical business practices in the EU and US [parallel session 1b]. Find out how new rules under the US Sunshine Act (2010) , and the European Code of Ethical Business Practices cement the industry’s commitment to ethical business practices to drive innovation.
- Leadership in action [parallel session 2a]. Eimear Noone, has made it to the top in a profession dominated by men as a composer and conductor. Hear her thoughts on leadership and leading a team.
- A mandate for R&D [parallel session 2b]. Find out how medtech companies in Ireland have gained international success in securing complete R&D portfolios for projects [session TBC]
- Innovation in healthcare from a clinician perspective [parallel session 3a]. Hear from world renowned physicians on how they are driving innovation for better patient care.
- Risk taking and decision making [parallel session 3b]. Understand from a poker expert how decision-making and calculated risks are all investment decisions.
- Irish Medtech Association AGM and drinks reception [plenary]. During the AGM the group’s leadership will highlight success from 2019, set out priorities for 2020 and elect the board.
5 December 2019
On day 2 business leaders and experts will explore:
- Becoming a digital giant in medtech [plenary]. ResMed are in more than 4 million devices. Their mission is to change 20 million lives by 2020. Find out how.
- Innovation and adoption [parallel 4a]. Hospitals account for 40% of health spending, find out how digital health is a way to tackle rising costs, support better care pathways and empowered patients.
- MDR implementation [parallel 4b] [tbc]
- Business in Ireland in the context of global change [plenary]. Hear from Ibec’s CEO, Danny McCoy on the latest national and international trends that will impact business and competitiveness.
- Partnering in the world of solutions [parallel 5a]. Hear how to be a partner of choice for the modern medtech industry, manufacturing component parts is not enough to compete in this growing industry now.
- Working with Key Opinion Leaders [parallel 5b]. With extensive experience setting-up clinical studies for new wearable products he has worldclass insights into developing and embracing disruptive technologies. Maulik Majmudar, cardiologist and CMO of Amazon will offer insights on working with Key Opinion Leaders.
- How to standout and succeed, the investor’s perspective [parallel 6a]. If we know the what, why and where investments are coming from, the questions left are who attracts investments and how?
- Manufacturing the Future Manufacturing [parallel 6b]. Find out what the future of manufacturing looks like in Europe and Ireland and where investment is going from key experts in the field.