4 December 2019
On day 1 business leaders and experts will explore:
- Transformation, from devices to solutions [plenary]. Find out how manufacturers are looking beyond developing transformative devices to developing innovative health solutions and services that empower patients and provide better care pathways.
- Data and privacy, key technology trends [parallel session 1a]. Find out how key technology trends, data and privacy in medtech are making an impact on the business.
- Ethical business practices in the EU and US [parallel session 1b]. Find out how new rules under the US Sunshine Act (2010) , and the European Code of Ethical Business Practices cement the industry’s commitment to ethical business practices to drive innovation.
- Leadership in action [parallel session 2a]. Eimear Noone, has made it to the top in a profession dominated by men as a composer and conductor. Hear her thoughts on leadership and leading a team.
- A mandate for R&D [parallel session 2b]. Find out how medtech companies in Ireland have gained international success in securing complete R&D portfolios for projects [session TBC]
- Innovation in healthcare from a clinician perspective [parallel session 3a]. Hear from world renowned physicians on how they are driving innovation for better patient care.
- Risk taking and decision making [parallel session 3b]. Understand from a poker expert how decision-making and calculated risks are all investment decisions.
- Irish Medtech Association AGM and drinks reception [plenary]. During the AGM the group’s leadership will highlight success from 2019, set out priorities for 2020 and elect the board.
|WEDNEDSAY, 04 DECEMBER|
|08:00||08:45||Registration & Networking Breakfast||Registration||Registration|
|08:45||08:55||Ministerial address||Opening address||TBC|
|08:55||09:00||Irish Medtech Association Chair address||Welcome address||• Conor Haney, CEO, FIRE1|
|09:00||10:35||Plenary session||Transformation, from devices to solutions||• Chair: Conor Hanley, CEO, FIRE 1
• Sheri Dodd, VP and GM Medtronic Care Management Services, Medtronic
• Wolfgang Hofmann, MD, Global Head of Mergers & Acquisitions at Fresenius Medical Care
• John O’Brian, CEO, S3 Connected Health
|10:35||11:00||Networking Break||Networking & Exhibition||Networking & Exhibition|
|11:00||12:30||Panel session||Data, privacy & key technology trends||• Chair: Avril Copeland, Founder & CEO Innerstrength ltd
• Andrew Fried, Life Sciences Global Industry Leader, IBM
• Peggy Bodin, Global Privacy Officer and Legal Counsel, Zimmer
• Martin Curley, Director, Digital Transformation and Open Innovation, HSE
|11:00||12:30||Masterclass||Supporting Innovation, ethical business practices in the US and EU||• Chair: Angela Moloney, Director, Ethics & Compliance, EMEA, Cook Medical
• Christopher White, COO & General Council, AdvaMed
• Filip Moriau, CEO, Stragilon
|12:30||13:30||Networking Lunch||Networking Lunch & Exhibition||Networking Lunch & Exhibition|
|13:30||14:45||Panel session||Leadership in action||• Chair: Sinead Keogh, Director of Medtech & Engineering, Ibec
• Eimear Noone, conductor & composer
|13:30||14:45||Masterclass||Developing an R&D Mandate||TBC|
|14:45||15:15||Networking Break||Networking & Exhibition||Networking & Exhibition|
|15:15||16:25||Panel session||Disruption and innovation in healthcare||• Chair: Brian Shields, CEO, Neurent
• Prof Kennedy, MD, Rhinology Professor, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
• Derek O’ Keeffe, Professor of Medical Device Technology NUIG.
|15:15||16:25||Masterclass||Risk taking and decision making||• Casper Berry, Motivational/business speaker & poker expert|
|16:30||17:15||Plenary session||Irish Medtech AGM (open to all)||• Sinead Keogh, Director, Irish Medtech Association
• Conor Hanley, CEO, FIRE 1
• John O’Brien, CEO, S3 Connected Health
|19:00||20:00||Evening networking & drinks reception||Risk taking and decision making||• Casper Berry, Motivational/business speaker & poker expert|