5 December 2019
On day 2 business leaders and experts will explore:
- Becoming a digital giant in medtech [plenary]. ResMed are in more than 4 million devices. Their mission is to change 20 million lives by 2020. Find out how.
- Innovation and adoption [parallel 4a]. Hospitals account for 40% of health spending, find out how digital health is a way to tackle rising costs, support better care pathways and empowered patients.
- MDR implementation [parallel 4b] [tbc]
- Business in Ireland in the context of global change [plenary]. Hear from Ibec’s CEO, Danny McCoy on the latest national and international trends that will impact business and competitiveness.
- Partnering in the world of solutions [parallel 5a]. Hear how to be a partner of choice for the modern medtech industry, manufacturing component parts is not enough to compete in this growing industry now.
- Working with Key Opinion Leaders [parallel 5b]. With extensive experience setting-up clinical studies for new wearable products he has worldclass insights into developing and embracing disruptive technologies. Maulik Majmudar, cardiologist and CMO of Amazon will offer insights on working with Key Opinion Leaders.
- How to standout and succeed, the investor’s perspective [parallel 6a]. If we know the what, why and where investments are coming from, the questions left are who attracts investments and how?
- Manufacturing the Future Manufacturing [parallel 6b]. Find out what the future of manufacturing looks like in Europe and Ireland and where investment is going from key experts in the field.
|THURSDAY, 5 DECEMBER|
|08:00||08:45||Registration & Networking Breakfast||Registration||Registration|
|08:45||09:00||Irish Medtech Association Director welcome address||Welcome address||• Sinead Keogh, Director, Irish Medtech Association|
|09:05||09:55||Plenary session||Becoming a digital giant in medtech, the Resmed story||• Chair: Anton Savage, Journalist and Broadcaster
• Jim Hollingshead, President, Sleep Business, ResMed
|09:55||10:20||Networking Break||Networking & Exhibition||Exhibitors|
|10:20||11:40||Panel session||Innovation and solution adoption||
• Chair: Anton Savage, Journalist and Broadcaster
|10:20||11:40||Masterclass||Medical Device Regulation implementation||• Chair: John Kilmartin, Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs, Medtronic
• Ann Murray, VP of QA Global Distribution and Quality Systems, Teleflex
• Niall Mac Aleenan, MD, Deputy Directors, HPRA
|11:40||12:30||Plenary sesion||Business in Ireland in th contect of global change||• Chair: Anton Savage, Journalist and broadcaster
• Danny McCoy, CEO, Ibec
|12:30||13:30||Networking Lunch||Networking Lunch & Exhibition||Networking Lunch & Exhibition|
|13:30||15:00||Panel session||Partnering in the world of solutions||• Chair: Anton Savage, Journalist and Broadcaster
• Roger van den Heuvel, Principal, Head of Life Sciences, Global Strategy Group, KPMG
• Paraic Curtis, Senior Vice President and General Manager of TE Medical
• Bob DiPetrillo, CEO, Advant Medical
|13:30||15:00||Masterclass||Working with Key Opinion Leaders||• Chair: Conor Hanley, CEO, FIRE1
• Maulik Majmudar, Chief Medical Officer & Cardiologist, Amazon
|15:00||15:30||Networking Break||Networking & Exhibition||Networking & Exhibition|
|15:30||16:55||Panel session||How to standout and suceed, an investors perspective||• Chair: Anton Savage, Journalist and Broadcaster
• Jeanne Bolger, VP, Venture Investment, J&J Corporate
• Sophie Ehrlich, Senior Vice President, Life Sciences & Healthcare, SVB
• Ena Prosser, Partner, Fountain Healthcare
|15:30||16:55||Panel session||Manufacturing the future||• Chair: Domhnall Carroll, Digital Industries Lead, Siemens (SLIDES)
• Rachel Shelly MedTech Division Manager, IDA Ireland (PANEL)
• Tom Kelly, Divisional Manager – Cleantech, Electronics and Life Sciences, Enterprise Ireland
• Colette Maloney, Head of Unit Competitive Electronics Industry at DG CONNECT of European Commission
|19:30||20:00||Networking Reception||Drinks reception||Stringfever|
|20:00||22:00||Irish Medtech Awards||Irish Medtech Awards & Gala Black-Tie dinner|